- Knee arthroscopy including treatment of the meniscus, cartilage and ACL.
- Shoulder arthroscopy including treatment of the labrum and rotator cuff.
- Shoulder replacement including total shoulder and reverse shoulder arthroplasty.
Joint pain affects more than your ability to move, it affects your ability to live day to day.
Orthopedic Surgeon and Sports Medicine Doctor in the Northwest Suburbs of Chicago.
Joshua M. Alpert is a board-certified Orthopedic Surgeon and Sports Medicine Specialist. After completing an Orthopedic Surgery Fellowship with Harvard University’s Sports Medicine Program, he joined Midwest Bone and Joint Institute in 2008. Renowned for his skilled, experienced, and compassionate care of the most complex orthopedic injuries, Dr. Alpert is highly regarded as one of the best orthopedic surgeons in the Chicago area.
Our Patients Say …
Dr. Gary Kazmer
“ Dr. Alpert makes you better one shoulder and
knee at a time.”
- Midwest Bone and Joint Institute
board-certified in Orthopedic Surgery. Sports Medicine Specialty Northwestern Suburbs of Chicago, Illinois
Office Locations: Barrington, Algonquin, Geneva, Elgin
- Board-Certified: American Academy of Orthopedic Surgery (2010)
- Massachusetts General/Harvard Sports Medicine Fellowship (’07-‘08)
Team Physician: New England Patriots, Boston Red Sox, Boston Bruins Head Team Physician: Curry College: Football, Basketball, Wrestling
- Rush University Medical Center (2002-‘07)
Orthopedic Surgery Resident
- The Chicago Medical School, North Chicago, IL (1998-‘02) M.D.
- Rosalind Franklin University of Health Sciences (1997-’98)
M.S. in Applied Physiology
- University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, IL (1993-‘97)
B.S. in Biology
- Alpha Omega Alpha – Academic Honorary
- Advocate Sherman Hospital Physician Spotlight Award 2013
- Massachusetts General Hospital Academic Enrichment Grant
- Strathmore’s Who’s Who 2008
- Dean’s Award – The Chicago Medical School
- Scholarship Award – The Association For Chemoreception Sciences
- Alpha Lambda Delta National Academic Honorary
- Member: Zeta Beta Tau Fraternity College of Honors
- University of Illinois Dean’s List (5 semesters)
- Member: American Orthopedic Society for Sports Medicine (AOSSM) Certified, 6th Edition AMA Guide to Evaluation of Impairment Ratings
- Member: American Academy of Orthopedic Surgery
- Member: Sherman Hospital Trauma Committee
- Member: Illinois State Medical Society
- Manuscript Reviewer: American Journal Of Sports Medicine
- Manuscript Reviewer: The Knee
- Director Surgical Services: Ashton Surgery Center, Hoffman Estates, IL
- President: Presence-St Joe’s Hospital Orthopedic Co-Management, LLC.
- Resident Judge: OREF Midwest Resident Research Competition (2007)
- President: Chicago Medical School Honor Council
- Vice President: Chicago Medical School Class of 2002 Intramural Softball, Flag Football, Basketball
Joshua Alpert, MD specializes in orthopedic surgery and sports medicine, with a special focus on minimally invasive treatment of the shoulder and knee. He also treats the elbow, wrist, hand, knee, foot, hip and ankle. He also performs total and reverse shoulder replacements and does PRP injections.
Dr. Alpert is a member of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons (AAOS) and the American Orthopedic Society of Sports Medicine (AOSSM). He currently serves as a team physician for Judson University, Larkin High School and Dundee Crown High School.
In addition to treating patients with sports injuries, Dr. Alpert also commonly sees patients with work related injuries to the shoulder, elbow, wrist, knee, ankle and foot. He performs Independent Medical Examinations and is certified to perform Impairment Ratings as per the 6th Edition AMA Guides to the Evaluation of Permanent Impairment.